Harpreet Singh Saluja
K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research
• Measuring and taking action to reduce the carbon footprint of our business activities
• Managing waste
• Communicating the importance of environmental issue
the increasing levels of global warming and the serious repercussions caused by the misdeeds of man encouraged the organization to take some steps in this respect because, in some way or the other, all of us are paying the price. In order to make this Earth a better place to live in, we combined our efforts to curb the carbon footprints
The effort to reduce the footprint of the carbon emission will in turn be fruitful in making this earth a better place to live in because the global warming will reduce gradually and the effects will start reducing
We find the following benefits when companies like ours embark upon these sustainability initiatives, the initial stage being the quantification of our carbon footprint:
• Identifying carbon and energy reduction opportunities (costs).
• Communicating your green credentials and intentions with shareholders, customers and staff.
• Disclosing emissions to our corporate customers who may already have a regulatory reporting requirement, both local and international.
• Demonstration of environmental stewardship.
• Voluntary adoption provides first mover advantage in non-regulated environments and improves market credibility.
• Attraction of ‘y-generation’ skills to our business who are environmentally conscious and look at companies green credentials in careers moves.
Effective carbon management strategies along with corporate social responsibility provide us, as individuals and as businesses, with the foundation to ease that pressure and reduce the size of our carbon footprint that is stamping down on the tail of our beloved environment. Until recently as a society we have been coasting along the same old road, consuming every part of the environment we can possibly get our hands on without any regard for or awareness of the damage we may be doing to it.
Kruti Shah, Manager
Keep this story going! Share below!
Mumbai, Maharashtra, IN
Business Website: https://www.pwc.in
Year Founded: 2008
Number of Employees: 1001 to 5000
It is one of the top professional services firms, PwC India is committed to delivering quality in advisory, tax and regulatory services in India.