ECOsmeticos develops handmade, and natural cosmetic formulations and simple methodologies for people with any income level, specifically marketed to low-income consumers looking for locally sourced customized cosmetics.
Jhonathan Jose Rodriguez Carmona
Universidad Externado de Colombia
Gustavo A Yepes López
ECOsmeticos is a company dedicated to the commercialization of personalized, magistral cosmetic products.
How did the innovation emerge? The need for the development of customized cosmetic products, which contributed to the environment and the generation of jobs, was observed. Then, ECOsmeticos worked to develop cosmetic formulas and simple methods to produce handcrafted and natural products that provide opportunity to people with limited resources to generate income.
One inspiration was from observing the routine experience of employees working years or decades at a company, with minimal personal investment in the work.
ECOsmeticos wants to offer a better alternative to employees like this that includes: flexibility, shared knowledge, inspiration, and new opportunities especially for women without employment stability to support gender equality.
ECOsmeticos stays in tune with the Top of Heart and Top of Mind of their consumers to incorporate the current trends to create customized products that generate experiences and memories. This connection to consumers and flexibility to meet changing demand provides ECOsmeticos a competitive advantage over traditional businesses.
- Includes small companies in the value chain, as suppliers of ECOsmeticos.
- Business penetration in vulnerable communities to produce and sell products.
- Empowerment of women in their role as an economic provider in the household.
1. Flexible requirements and low investment.
2. Independence and flexible dedication to the business.
1. New business opportunities for vulnerable communities.
2. Share technical knowledge in manufacturing techniques, raw materials, finished products, and identification of costumers needs and preferences.
3. Reutilization of packs, reducing amount of waste.
4. Decreasing in the toxic substances generation.
5. Eco-friendly materials.
Helena Cortes, ECOSmeticos
Keep this story going! Share below!
Business Website: https://www.facebook.com/ecosmeticos.co/?fref=ts
Year Founded: 2016
Number of Employees: 2-10