What are the criteria for AIM2Flourish stories and recognition?
We are looking for innovations, not companies.
No company is perfect, but many have invented products, processes, and tools that bring benefit to the world or larger society while improving their bottom line. Innovation results when ideas are applied to raise the value of products and services for customers while elevating the wellbeing of society and creating a thriving environment.
We are looking for innovations that provide mutual benefit to business, society and the supporting natural systems. We aim to go beyond philanthropy, business ethics, and traditional corporate social responsibility efforts.
While all of the mentioned efforts bring tremendous benefit to the world, we aspire to go even higher, and invite stories that balance and integrate business success and world benefit in a strategic way. We look for innovations that benefit the bottom line as well as society and/or the environment.
We seek to inspire action in others.
We are searching for innovation stories that inspire and elevate our thinking about the future of positive business, society, and the supporting natural systems.
Here is a checklist for what will make a good story for AIM2Flourish:
- Is it a for-profit business (including B-Corporations) or partnership? Does it demonstrate the positive role of business in making a better world?
- Does the innovation have a net positive impact on the business, society, and the environment? Is it restorative, contributing to the health and well-being of a system, and going beyond merely doing less harm?
- Is the innovation radical? Is it something that is proportional to the magnitude of the local, regional, or global issue it seeks to address?
- Is the innovation potentially scalable? Does it represent a local, regional or global breakthrough towards a flourishing world that is moving us from doing less harm to net positive, adding and enriching our world? Is it something that can be magnified, amplified, or spread to wider applications or audiences?
- Is the innovation socially inclusive? Is it for the benefit of everyone or only the well-off? Does it help meet the unmet needs of the four billion people living on less than eight dollars per day? Does it help to reduce social exclusion and income inequality?
- Does the innovation support “Full-Spectrum Flourishing?” Does it show evidence of care for employees in ways that enable them to bring their whole selves to work; creating a culture that supports individual and collective flourishing? Does it enable the other living systems and the natural systems in the surrounding areas to thrive?
KEY TOPICS OR ISSUES FOR AIM2FLOURISH STORIES
We seek innovations aimed at promoting and sustaining a flourishing world. We are inspired by the United Nations' Global Goals for a world where everyone flourishes side by side. We do not expect or assume that every innovation story will address all or even multiple Goals. Rather, we hope that each innovation story intends and demonstrates promise to help us move toward one or more of these aspirations.
Goal 1 End poverty in all its forms everywhere
Goal 2 End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
Goal 3 Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
Goal 4 Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
Goal 5 Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
Goal 6 Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
Goal 7 Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
Goal 8 Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
Goal 9 Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Goal 10 Reduce inequality within and among countries
Goal 11 Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
Goal 12 Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
Goal 13 Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts*
Goal 14 Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
Goal 15 Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
Goal 16 Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
Goal 17 Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development